Disconnect from the modern world, and rediscover who you are. Oudrif is the ideal place to retreat to soothe the soul and be healed. Relax in the luxurious simplicity of the straw-bale, off grid accommodation and enjoy stylish organic meals. This is the way to be.
The annual winter explosion of wild flowers is one of nature’s true wonders that everyone should have on their bucket list. Situated in the Northern Cederberg; bordered by Namaqualand, Succulent Karoo and Mountain Renosterveld, the Nardouwsberg area has a rich diversity of flowering plants; fields of daisy’s, flowering succulents and endemic bulbs. Flowers start blooming in late July and depending on rain, can last into October. A drive through the flowers of the Nardouwsberg to Oudrif is rewarding for anyone. For the remainder of the year the shrubby bushes take on a stark, serene beauty of their own.
This property was “rediscovered” by adventurous white water enthusiasts. At times the river flows peacefully, providing long
sandy banks where the peace and tranquillity are only disturbed by the sounds of the bird life at other times it becomes a raging torrent swollen by rains in the Cedarberg. The Doring River being one of the last major Rivers that have not been dammed, make it a unique experience.
River activities include:
- Swimming and sunbathing on the secluded beaches of the river banks
- Fly Fishing for Clanwilliam Yellow fish
by way of catch and release (October to May)
- Bass fishing throughout the year
- Paddling on the river with ARK inflatables
- Hiking and walking
- Indigenous Flora and Fauna
- Medicinal plants
- Annual wild flowers displays
- Rock Art site visits
- Birding, the elusive cinnamon breasted warbler.
- Rooibos Tea farm visits – see how it’s done
- Star gazing
- Spot 4 of the Small 5 at Oudrif!
Other attractions in the area:
- Explore the Cederberg Wilderness Area
- 4×4 drives around Wupperthal
- Mountain bike rides
- Olifants River Wine Route
- 100km to the West Coast Village of Lamberts Bay and its Cape Gannet colony 15000 breeding pairs
- Hot Springs in Citrusdal
- Bouldering at Rocklands
- White water rafting on the Doring River with River Rafting companies.
- Sevilla Rock Art Trail
- Rooibos tea house offers tea tastings daily in Clanwilliam